Suggested Activities: Week beginning 01.06.20
Home Learning Gallery
Please send pictures of all of your lovely work to email@example.com
We are really looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful things that you have been doing at home and have loved what we have seen so far 🙂
Hello Y5! I hope that you are all having fun and keeping safe. Please click on the link below to read a letter from me, to you.
Choose a book and read it either independently or with an adult. Try to read a chapter a day.
(Choose a book of your own or one from oxford owl )
I hope that you have read and enjoyed the letter in which I wrote to you last week. This week, I would love you to write a letter back to me, telling me about what you have been doing during lockdown. Have you learnt anything new? Have you been practicing the things you enjoy? What did you do over the half term holiday? I can’t wait to hear from you and listen to your stories. Please send a picture of your letter to the office email so that I can read all about the wonderful things that you have been doing 🙂
Read the text below and use the information given to answer the following questions.
What would you take with you if you were going to space for the day? Click on the link below to use the writing frame.
Click on the link below to check your answers
Mr Whoops has jumbled up the following words. Can you correct them for him?
Clue: body parts
1. keen 2. leowb 3.rhsuoled 4. rwtis
Spend at least 30 minutes a day practising your times tables. This week , I would like you to select a times tables group of your choice and practice. Ask somebody to time you writing down your chosen times table and see how quickly you can do it and check if you got all of the answers correct as well. Then go back to it each day and see if you can beat your time. Use youtube times table songs and TT rock stars to help you practice.
Challenge: See if you can go up to 20 times your chosen number!
Click on the link below and complete the questions
1.How many cars passed the school compared to vans?
2.What is the difference between the amount of cars that passed to the amount of motorbikes?
3.How many vehicles passed school that day in total?
Complete the sequence
Magic Paper Towel Art
1. Take a piece of kitchen roll and fold it in half. On the inside of the fold , use felt tip pens to draw a picture of your choice and colour it in.
2. Then, fold your piece of kitchen roll back over and draw the outline of your picture in one colour.
3. Fill up a bowl with some water and place your paper towel on top of the water. Watch how the colours come through to make a lovely water colour picture.
Ice cream (any flavour)
Ice cream sauce
Ask an adult to help you
- First, slice your banana in half and place it at either side of you dish.
- Crumble up your cookies and places bits in between banana slices.
- Then, take 3 scoops of ice cream and place them on top of the crumbled cookie pieces.
- Next, drizzle your sauce all over the ice cream and bananas.
- Finally, decorate with smarties, sprinkles and left over pieces of crumbled cookie and enjoy!
The Burj Khalifa , is a skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
This week, I would like you to find out some interesting facts about the ‘Burj Khalifa’
What is the purpose of the ‘Burj Khalifa’? Can you visit it? How tall is it? What is the climate like in Dubai? Is it somewhere that you would like to visit?
Can you create the Burj Khalifa at home by drawing it or making a 3D sculpture with materials in your house?
Log on to purple mash and have a go at the activities on there.
How many animals can you name in 1 minute?
Complete a Joe Wicks PE session daily.
Keep up to date with the news by watching ‘Newsround’ online daily.
Display ‘Magical Moments’ such as leadership by teaching someone in your family how to do something new.
Quote of the week– Keep shining and smiling 🙂
I look forward to reading all of your wonderful ideas! Stay safe and keep smiling, Miss Kirk & Mr Curtis 🙂