Homework is a statutory part of education provision for all children, and it helps to:
- Promote positive attitudes to work
- Raise achievement of all pupils
- Consolidate and reinforce skills and understanding in literacy and Numeracy and across the curriculum
- Encourage and develop independent learning
- Increase self-discipline
- Develop the home/school partnership
- Prepare children for secondary transfer in Year 6
A variety of types of homework are used depending on the age and ability of the pupils. These include:
- Multiplication tables
- Mental arithmetic tasks
- Completion or extension of class work
- A piece of research on a familiar or a new topic
- Revision for a test
We also operate a flexible support system for children who may find it difficult to complete homework at home. Please speak to your child’s teacher for more information about this.
There are opportunities for children to complete their homework at After School Club every Tuesday and Thursday. Staff will offer support if needed.