South Bank offers a Breakfast Club for all children attending our school from nursery to year 6. Breakfast club takes place every day in the dining hall. Please enter the school via the playground doors.
Our Breakfast Club lead is Miss McDonald who is supported by Miss Hansen, Mrs Champion, Mrs Robinson and Mrs Curtis. The doors open at 8:00am and breakfast is served until 8:30am, once the children have finished their breakfast they have free time to play, colour pictures, read or chat with friends. At 8:35am children are taken outside and looked after by friendly members of staff on the play ground until the start of the school day at 8.50am.
We are really pleased to announce that we have received funding from Greggs and a pledge to continue to support our schools with additional fundraising.
We have also received a very generous donation from a local business man who was so impressed with our provision that he wanted to support us to buy toys, magazines and resources for the children to play with after their breakfast.
This means breakfast club is now FREE!
Breakfast Club will also be having monthly themed breakfasts eg: a pancake breakfast in February and foods from World Cup countries.
We have looked into the benefits of a healthy Breakfast Club and concluded:
- provides an opportunity for pupils to eat breakfast, in a stimulating environment;
- has a positive effect on pupils’ concentration and performance throughout the day;
- engages pupils in making healthier choices about their diet by providing them with encouragement, knowledge and support;
- can help improve pupil attendance and punctuality;
- can lead to better social interaction and skills between pupils;
- increases the contact between teachers and parents;
- can improve pupils’ motivation and self-confidence through relationships with adults other than their class teacher.
- can benefit low income families by providing no cost breakfast.
Semi Skimmed Milk
Low Fat Spread
Reduced Sugar Strawberry Jam
Selection of Seasonal Fruit
Semi Skimmed Milk
Hot Chocolate (Autumn Term)